miércoles, 23 de septiembre de 2009

WELCOME!

Twenty six Tiny tombstones is a tribute to the marvelous book created by the genius mind of Edward Gorey (1925-2000) The Gashlycrumb Tinies (1963).

When I first saw this book It utterly blew my mind and It left a huge mark in my work and influences.

Edward Gorey exquisite ironic dark sense of humor and delicate bizarre characters will always captivate me.

Over the years, and to my surprise, I failed to find any project or tribute to his genius.
2010 will be the 10th anniversary of his departure and I couldn't help feeling the need to pay a tribute to this masterpiece.

Over the weeks I will invite other artists to participate on this blog. Invited artists might choose one of the letters from the book or just create an image inspired by the Gashlycrumb Tinies. It doesn't matter if two artists choose the same letter! You can even create new Children and new deadly fates!

With no further delay here is my first submission to this blog


N is for Neville who died of ennui


Cheers
PO! (Aka Patricio Oliver)

5 comentarios:

  1. Buenísimo, me encantó Neville, espero ansioso los nuevos posts!!!
    un abrazo grande

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That's great Pat. Love this book too, one of my favorite gorey's book. Will try to do something with ink soon as possible.

    Best regard

    Seb

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hey buenisimo :D , como le hago para participar saludos PO!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Dave envialo a mi mail, tengo a varios invitados primero para subir ya que subo una por semana pero a medida que lleguen ire subiendo todo. saludos

    ResponderEliminar
  5. buena onda!
    seguro le mando algo :D
    un saludo sr.!


    JP

    ResponderEliminar